NOTE, YOU PROVIDE YOUR BOLT BODY
This listing is to have YOUR bolt body modified to the ATI Configuration. Approximate turn around time is 2 weeks from the time we receive your bolt body.
We will modify YOUR Bolt Body retaining original markings and serial numbers where possible.
If you decide to have us modify your bolt body, do the following:
- Place this item in the shopping cart, if there are any any other items you want shipped to you when we return your bolt, you can add them as well.
- Checkout, selecting your shipping option and you can choose to pay now with your credit card, or send payment with your bolt body when you send it to me.
- Send Bolt Body to:
8440 Ulmerton Rd STE 500
Largo, FL 33771
Once we receive it, we will modify and send it back via your chosen shipping method.
These are made to the same specifications as the original Sniper Bolt Bodies for the 91/30 PU snipers. These original bolt bodies have had the handle turned down as well as extended to the proper length. There are cheaper ones out there...beware of the Numrich Arms bolt bodies that are turned down, but not extended and are useless with the PU scopes.
Changing Out this part should not affect head space as the bolt head lugs are what locks into the receiver and determines head spacing. As with all surplus rifles, you should have the head space checked before initially shooting them.
If you are interested in retaining your existing serial numbers, we can modify your bolt body retaining most markings.
Our Bolt handles are fabricated from bar steel ( Not Stainless or Mild Steel) on state of the art CNC equipment. These are then welded (NOT Silver Soldered or Thread Locked as some fabricators are doing). The weld is then ground down and smoothed, then the bolt body is polished.
We believe these to be the best available anywhere. These are as close to the original PU sniper specs as you can get.
********NOTES ON INSTALLING SCOPES ON MOSIN NAGANT RIFLES************************
There are Three common ways of installing a scope on the Mosin Nagant Rifles.
1. Original PU Mount, This is the preferred way, but at this time, the original mounts and scopes are expensive and require that the receiver be drilled and tapped as well as inletting the wood stock. These also require a turned down and extended bolt handle which will clear the mount. The bolt handle I sell for this is built to original specifications. Part (P-MN-6A)
2. ATI Mount Kit Part# (P-MN-64), This kit comes with everything you need to mount a weaver base to the rifle including a bolt handle. This requires the receiver to be drilled and tapped as well as sawing off the original bolt handle, drilling and tapping the bolt body and installing the new handle. This works, but most people find the bolt modification distasteful. The weaver base on this sits lower the the PU mount. The standard PU bolt body will not work with this mount. I have a bolt handle which works with this system. Part (P-MN-6B).
3. Scout Mount PART# (P-MN-54), This is the least desireable but easiest way to mount a scope on the Mosin Nagant Rifles. This mount replaces the rear sight leaf and does not require any permanent modifications, drilling or tapping of the receiver. The scope however sits much farther from the shooter and requires a scope with a long eye relief PART# (P-MN-57) or (P-MN-56). A modified bolt handle is not necessary with this option. I do sell several bolt bodies which can be used to sporterize this type of installation. (P-MN-6D, MN-6E or MN-6F)
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 16 January, 2008.